Pages

12:43 AM

Seven Month Update

As I sit and think about how much our little Sofia has grown, I just can't comprehend it.  It is amazing how fast newborn babies develop into little people who can communicate, manipulate, move, and help themselves. It makes me sad, but I also really am enjoying this stage with Sofia. I cherish the days we spend together. So often I stop and think "okay, I really want to remember this".  
I love trying to make Sofia laugh. It was so hard to get her to laugh. It wasn't until she was 5 months old we hadn't ever really heard a good hard laugh. She is tough to break! So when I can get her laughing I try and keep things rolling as long as I can.  For some reason, she thinks its hilarious when I dance for her.  I turn up some music and through out some ridiculously terrible dance moves and she just laughs and laughs. So of course, I dance a during a couple songs for her and am pretty exhausted by the time she's done.  Usually, its the silly simple things she loves the most, and it's Dad who gets her to laugh the hardest—of course. 

I love Sofia's soft skin and her tummy and love handles that hang over her leggings. They are my favorite. It will be a sad day when that girl thins up and her baby fat leaves. 

Sofia is a mover and a shaker.  She is crawling, pulling herself up to things- and then lets go in effort to stand on her own (make it stop!!), cruising, and her motor skills have improved so much. It is so nice (and adorable) that she can see her pacifier and then go get it and put it in her mouth. Lately, she has been having lots of accidents and it makes our days long and hard.  She seems to bump her head on everything and if something can topple over on her, it will. I have heard her "hard cry" way too much this week. I can't wait until she is a little more stable and I don't have to hold my breath as often.  Poor girl. 

Sofia is officially not being swaddled anymore and everything is going okay.  In the middle of her sleep she will sit up and even though she isn't really awake I think she is looking for her binky? But this always seems to wake me up and I go help her find it. She used to go to bed at 10 pm but we moved her bedtime to 8:30 and she sleeps to 4am no problem. Sometimes 8:30-8am nonstop if I am lucky, but more times than not, she wakes up at 4 am. I try and hold her off with her binky, but I usually end up just nursing her. Ideally, I would like that early feeding to go away.  Speaking of eating, she eats like a champ and is so easy to spoon feed.  I just wish she would stop spitting up.  I try and keep her baby food bland colors (no oranges or greens) so that it doesn't stain everything when it comes back up.  I look forward to the day when I don't have to worry about that. Sofia was born with a plugged tear duct and it FINALLY cleared up just shy of her turning 7 months. Glad thats over!

Sofia is in all 12 month clothes and I'm worried I am going to have to start shopping for more winter clothes in 18 mo sizes. She is just so tall and that squeezy tummy of hers is getting snug in some outfits.

At the end of September, Sofia and I flew home to Basin City, WA to attend my grandmother's funeral. It was wonderful to see so many of my cousins and family members! I am so grateful I was able to go home and be apart of such a grand reunion and celebration of the life of Joan Casper.  My grandmother was an amazing woman who was so accomplished and talented. She raised 9 children, has 52 grandchildren and 50+ great grandchildren, and as I have reflected on her life it has made me question what kind of mother I am/want to be? What kind of habits and routines do I want to instill in my kids and what do I want them to remember me for?  As I was singing the primary song " I am a child of God"  to Sofia the other night- a song that I have sung since my childhood, I realized that although I am a child of god, my role in that song has now changed and I see how important my role is to Sofia's eternal salvation. It is my responsibility to help lead and guide her and teach her the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Talk about pressure!  My grandmother was a righteous woman who loved our savior and I strive to be like her. 

The day after I got home from WA, Greg flew to Madison, WI for an interview with University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, a large academic medical center, for their two-year Administrative Fellowship position.  He was one of five finalist that were flown out to the on-site interview.  Not 50 minutes after Greg left the hospital's campus he got the call and they offered him the position. And... we accepted it! We will be moving to Madison next May/June and will be there for at least two years. We are excited and feel so blessed to have scored a job at one of our top picks.  Greg worked so hard over this past year to make this a reality, and I am so proud of him.  It is fun to know we now have plans for after school and definitely frees up more of Greg's time so he can spend more time with us.

So much personality!



Again with the personality!


 

 


Look at those eyes! Still not sure what color they will be, but this transition color is so pretty!











1 comment: