Pages

1:36 PM

38 Weeks

So baby girl could come at any time.  This waiting game business is exhausting ALREADY.  Every little cramp or hard kick makes me stop and think for a split second.. is this it? Am I going into labor?? And boy is it tiring.
This last week my mom informed me that I couldn't go into labor and have baby girl because she and my dad were going on an impromptu trip to Costa Rica. Um okay, great, thanks for the invite. But now that they are flying back to the states and the fact that she will be able to get to me a lot faster now has me thinking okay... anytime now.  I just want to hold her and look at her so badly.  And of course it consumes my thoughts 24/7.

I have been feeling a need to really get things ready.  Not just like the crib and fun things but as in any minute I might not have the physical ability to clean up and have the house presentable like I would want to.  I have been cleaning all the bathrooms and finishing all laundry just to make sure we are caught up and to hopefully make a smoother transition.
This last week I bought some props for baby girls newborn pictures and I am really excited to take them.

This week I also got some mascara in the mail from my sister as an early birthday present. It's pretty rad stuff. Most of you have probably been invited to my online party for it, if not let me know, and I will add you! It's called 3-D Fiber Mascara and it builds off of your natural lashes using transplanting gel and fibers to make your own lashes appear longer and thicker. 
It is pretty neat.  The LEFT side has the 3-D mascara and the RIGHT side is just mascara.  At first I had a hard time applying it but by the second and third day I figured out my system and really enjoy using it now.  


Anyways, I think thats all the updates I have.  Nothing really going on.  At my last appointment I hadn't  progressed at all from the week before so that is sort of boring. It is literally just a waiting game.


Week 38
 How far along? 38 Weeks

Total weight gain? 35 lbs.

Maternity clothes? A must.
Best moment this week: Hitting the 38 week mark and finding fun props for her newborn pictures. 

Miss anything? A full nights sleep.  I wake up 3 times a night now, at least. And I don't see a full nights sleep anywhere in my future for a LONG time. 

Movement: She's always moving.  Lately I have been seeing feet or fists poking so far out of my sides its comical.  Greg always goes nuts.

Food cravings: Just food in general. I am still so hungry and my Pregnancy Apps made it sound like that should be tapering off and my weight gain should be tapering BUT it's not. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope

Gender: Baby girl!

Symptoms: So I still have swollen feet and ankles and fingers and even lower legs however it is way better the last couple of days then it was before. I have been trying harder to stay off my feet and reduce sodium and it is helping. They don't look nearly as sad as they used to.  My fingers still have some aching and arthritis going on but its not terrible. I think I have gotten use to it. 

Belly Button in or out? Out.

Looking forward to: I am looking forward to getting into shape. For those of you who know me... like.. really know me... your jaw is dropping as I say that, but I really look forward to tightening up and doing some damage control after baby is out.  AND Baby girl getting here.  My everyday life is just me waiting around for her to come. I want to hold her, see the color of her hair.. or if she even has hair for that matter, and just give her kisses.  Anytime, baby girl. Mama's waiting. 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I had some left over fabric from some baby crafts. Couldn't resist!

      Delete
  2. Love reading your blog! Keep it up! You're going to make one wonderful momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey i nominated you & your cute blog for the liebster award! for details check it out here:

    http://jandbeau.blogspot.com/2014/02/a-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete