Pages

1:54 PM

37 Weeks

Reaching 37 weeks is a pretty cool feeling.  Knowing that your baby could come at any time and she will be most likely fully developed and ready to survive outside my body on her own. Awesome.
However, the transition between milestone week 36 and 37 was terrible. Not Awesome.  When I was 36 weeks I was telling everyone that things had been going well and if they continued that way I wouldn't mind keeping baby girl in the oven a while longer, after all, my belly is the best baby sitter she will ever have. However, only days after making that comment I have felt my body take a turn for miserable.  I swear it was just days ago that I was sleeping through the night without any bathroom breaks. I did that like three days in a row. And then last night I had to get up like 3-4 times, had terrible heart burn, all the while dealing with early stages of getting a cold and my throat and the back on my nasal cavity just burns and aches. Arghhghhgh. Lovely.

Last Thursday I had a doctors appt. and everything continues to look good.  I measured 36 cm and was dilated . 5 cm.  Not too shabby. However it was my first time getting my cervix checked which isn't the worst thing in the world but Yowzas! No one prepped me for that!

On Saturday I noticed my feet were quite swollen again (they have been pretty bad this whole last week) and I also noticed I was starting to get a really bad headache. So I decided to check my blood pressure with Greg's help and it was way higher than normal so just to be cautious I called my doctor just to let them know. I usually wouldn't have called over something like that, buuut lately whenever I go to my appt. and they see my feet, they always ask if I have any headaches and want to check my blood pressure.  So I was a little bit worried and called.  They had me go into the hospital which turned out to be quite the ordeal. I had a gown, bracelet and everything and then everything turned out to be fine so I felt a little bit silly, but better safe than sorry I suppose. When I was at the hospital the nurse was all up on my belly and touching baby and trying to find the right spot for my monitor and then she said " Oh my goodness, you are all baby, and let me tell you, that is one tall baby." She went on to explain that she could feel baby girls back on one far side, her bum, and then her legs clear on the other side and well, I guess according to her, this is gonna be a tall baby. We will see. I was 21 inches and thats not short.  I guess if that story proves anything it proves how desperate I am to find out any information about baby girl.  I am dying for even an estimate of her size. Pathetic. haha. While at the hospital they checked my cervix again.. :/ .... and in two days I went from a . 5cm to 1cm.  Which doesn't mean anything but it is fun to know that my body is starting to think about labor.  I can't believe baby girl's arrival is getting so close.

This week baby girls crib arrived and on Saturday we set it up.  After a lot of debate and thinking, I am very happy with the crib we chose. I waited until I got my Target 10% off card for registry completion and then used my Target red card for another 5% off and free shipping. Boo ya.  And then there was a deal that if you spend $250 on nursery furniture you get $50 off. So I made sure I got that discount too. Yay. I also decided against a bumper. I figure if I get anything I will do a mesh lining around crib.





Since I was getting a decent discount already, I decided to go ahead and buy this little playmat thing that I knew I would want eventually. A couple of my friends have this for their babies and I think it's so cute. 



And then last and also least of the updates- I was talking to my mom the other day about late night diaper changers for baby girl. I always figured I would just use a blanket and change her on my bed, but then I realized that this Table/Desk in our room was the perfect size.  I never wanted to spend the money on a changing table and I am glad I didn't because I basically already had one.  I just went to kid to kid and bought the pad and the little green minky cover was an extra from my friend Sarah. It fit perfectly. All for just 9.99. Sweet. Now late night changes hopefully won't be as challenging.



Now for the bump! (sorry but I HATE smiling now days, this is what you get)

Week 36 Day 5



Week 37 Day 2
In this picture I cant believe I am even pretending to smile. I feel terrible!


How far along? 37 Weeks

Total weight gain? 32 lbs

Maternity clothes? I am down to my last few maternity shirts. My choices are few!

Best moment this week: Hearing that I have started dilating. It makes it all seem more real. 
Miss anything? I miss feeling like me.  I feel like I am in someone else's body.  I miss seeing my own feet instead of these swollen cankle feet. I also miss having energy.  I have really hit bottom this week, especially today. 

Movement: She's a mover!

Food cravings: Still love my pop however I also really wanted some good buffalo wings this week. Where is buffalo wild wings when you need them!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope

Gender: Baby girl!

Symptoms: Swollen fingers, ANKLES AND FEET especially, my flats are getting small. ha. Arthritis in my fingers and ankles. Swelling in my face still.  My back and hips hurt when I sit in my chair too long. Not sure if I could still do a day of shopping like I said last week. 

Belly Button in or out? OUT!

Looking forward to: Baby girl getting here. Everything is ready- I feel like now we are just waiting on her. I guess my mom can't come out east for another week so baby girl can wait a while longer but my life is kind of on the boring side now. 

1 comment: