Pages

8:49 PM

Nursery Updates

Recently I have been feeling the relief that comes with second trimester. Because I have had so much more energy I felt I better tackle some of my larger projects before I get too tired and before the weather here in PA gets too cold!

When we moved from Colorado, Greg's mom sent with us an old toy chest that he and his siblings used while growing up.  I have been excited to give it a more updated look and match it to our nursery theme. I also just really like this kind of project so I was really excited to finish it!

About two weeks ago I started nesting. It started with Greg's childhood memory boxes we inherited from his parent's house, (all six of them) and I was able to downsize to five. Success.
I am sad to say that these are the only before pictures I captured.  While I was cleaning/organizing Greg's boxes (notice all the clutter on floor), I snapped these pictures and sent them to my mom telling her about how I planned to refinish them and I am SO glad I did.

BEFORE





AFTER



The beginnings of our nursery
After a light sanding, I used a small roller and started painting. It took many many coats of paint and lots of light sanding in between coats to get a nice smooth finish but I am happy with the outcome. I sprayed with polyurethane semi gloss finish and to Gregs relief finally put all my crafting tools away. :)

Eventually I am hoping to find some foam and sew a cushion cover for it and put it on top of the toy chest so it can be a seat too. Another day!

I finished this project at 22 weeks and here is a belly update for Week 22. (I am 23 weeks now... picture to come!)

Week 22

No comments:

Post a Comment